Wednesday, November 25, 2009

SUNBURST GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE

SUNBURST GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE
1 lb ground beef
1/4 chopped onion. What will I do with the rest. Only 1/4 cup seems so little
1 14 oz can of green beans
2 8 oz. tomato sauce
1/4 tsp dried bail leaves Had to buy new ones, My spices are 11 years old.
1/8 tsp pepper
1 7 oz. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits The book is by Pillsbury. I predict a lot of their products.
4 oz. Cheddar cheese - cut into 1/2 in cubes Now I have 12 oz left for Mom's lunch sandwiches
2 Tbs margarine or butter, melted
1 tsp sesame seeds Thought I could get away with not buying these. Didn't mis 'em.
Heat oven o 375. In 10 inch ovenproof skillet brown meat and onions. Drain. (Do they have to tell you that). Add green beans, basil and pepper mix (What pepper mix? It said 1/8 tsp pepper)
Fold in cheese cubes.
Cut hole in center of each biscuit of ten biscuits. Pull edges of biscuit to form oval place around edge of skillet and holes in center of biscuit. Brush biscuits with margarine. Sprinkle sesame seed Bake 375 for 23 to 28 minutes.
Well, I didn't have a ovenproof skillet. Hadn't even heard of it. Don't go into too many kitchen stores. A regular skillet and glass pie dish did just fine. Especially because I never bake pies.



1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!!!!
    Can I come over and experiment one of your recipes with you????
    XOXO Mark

    ReplyDelete